Child Youth Programs
Navy childcare programs are critical for our Service members who need to go to work every day, serving both at home and abroad. During the current COVID-19 crisis we are adapting our Child and Youth Program (CYP) operations to meet both the Navy’s mission and family requirements, while ensuring the children in our care and our professionals are healthy and safe.
Effective March 17 the following “social distancing” changes are being implemented:
• All Programs/Services that are NOT full-time childcare (ages 0-12) cancelled/postponed until further notice/continual monitoring
• All Hourly Childcare cancelled (unless emergency/ mission essential)
• All Youth Sports, Youth/Teen Programs, Field Trips away from Navy Childcare facilities cancelled
• No New childcare enrollees into Navy operated programs (unless emergency/mission essential)
• Parents are required to self-care for own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived/space saved
• Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporary withdrawal their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020
• Installations may request waivers to reduce program operating hours
• Supplemental staffing required from other N9 programs for increased cleaning/sanitation
• Background check requirements waived but supplemental staff always in line of sight supervision of “blue smock” CYP employee and not in ratio
• School Liaison Officers Assigned to CDC/SAC to supplement
• All training requirements postponed
• All Teacher in-Service Days cancelled
• Increased handwashing and sanitation practices (e.g. cleaning door handles, hard surfaces, etc.)
• Minimize visitors (e.g. postpone all non-critical facility maintenance, etc.)
• Staff shall complete all sign in/out protocols
• Discontinue Family Style Dining (staff will plate food for children)
• Discontinue Tooth Brushing and Use of Sensory Tables
The Teen Center Program operates in Yokosuka (Building 1257) and in Ikego (Miyajima Tower). Please see the sidebar for Yokosuka Teen Center information. The Ikego Center may be reached at 046-806-8301.
Become a member of the Teen Center today and start enjoying the many benefits! Increase engagement in school and learning; Increase positive character traits and civic engagement; Improve healthy habits and decision making skills. Membership is FREE! All you have to do is fill out a Child and Youth Program registration packet and you're in! Stop by any of our Teen Centers today to pick up your registration packet or download it from the link below, and see how the Teen Center is making a positive impact on the youth in the Yokosuka community. All Teen Centers are available for children of grades 6-12 (must have attended at least one school day in the 6th grade).
HOW TO ENROLL
All teens wanting to participate in Teen Program activities must complete the Teen Registration packet. Download the packet using the link to the right.
If your child has any allergies that require the use of an epi-pen or has asthma please have the CYP Authorization Packet medical forms filled out by the child's doctor and submit them along with the registration form. Download the packet using the link to the right.