Youth Sports & Fitness Program
To provide safe, fun, positive and high quality recreational sporting activities for the dependents of active duty personnel, and DOD civilians associated with CFAY Japan. The Program is dedicated to promoting sportsmanship, the development of fundamental skills, teamwork, and the support of the athletic & recreational needs of the youth community. Youth Sports is always looking for volunteers. If you are interested in helping out by being a coach, sports official, team parent or just helping set up, contact your local Youth Sports Office. Thank you to all the coaches who have volunteered to help out the kids. We couldn’t have done it without you, and we appreciate your hard work and dedication. You all do more than you know, thank you!
Teams practice and play in Yokosuka & Ikego. Children ages 11 and up occasionally travel to NAF Atsugi, Camp Zama and Yokota AB for away games.
New families are required to register at the Youth Sports Office to be elligible to enroll in our youth programs online.
Please register early for all sports programs. Late registrations will be processed on a space available basis.
Steps to Register
1. Complete a Navy YSF Recreational Registration Packet
2. Complete a PAYS orientation training (Please provide MBR# if orientation was completed at a previous installation)
3. Submit all completed forms and PAYS Certificate to: MWR_Yokosuka_Youthsports@fe.navy.mil
4. Once all forms are verified and entered into the system, you will receive a confirmation email with the login information.
5. ALL registrations must be completed online
All forms are required to be updated annually
Register for activities here
PAYS Training: Required for all households before registering for any Youth Sports Program
STEP 1: Getting Started
• Visit www.nays.org/paysonline
- Click "Option 1" under "Sign Up"
- Next, click the "Get Started" button
- Complete the online form
- Include each child in your household (only use his/her first name if the last name is the same as yours)
- For AP addresses, select "Overseas-AP" when inputting State
STEP 2: Program Affiliation
• Answer both program affiliation questions by checking the "Yes" box
- Select "Yokosuka Fleet Activities" under the Navy Installation drop box
STEP 3: Payment Information | Confirmation Page
• Double check that the Membership Fee reads $0.00 (price is $0.00 by default)
- Click "Confirm" box
- Make sure your information is correct then click "Process"
STEP 4: User Login Information | Complete the PAYS Course
• Once registered, complete the PAYS video-based training course
• After completing the course, parents must read and acknowledge the "Parents Code of Ethics Pledge"
- You are required to print the completion certificate at the end of the course
- After membership is approved and bring it to our office. You may also attach and send via email
You have now completed the training!
Once we approve of your membership, you will be allowed access to all areas of the PAYS Online Member Area. Membership is valid for (1) one year and is good for all Naval installations worldwide.
For more information, please call your local Youth Sports Office.
Benefits of Coaching Youth Sports:
• Building bonds with others who share your interest in sports
• Helping youth access the life changing benefits of Youth Sports & Fitness
• Making a difference in the lives of a diverse group of Youth
• Building relationships with community members
• Practicing your leadership skills while developing new skills
• Spending quality time with your children while supporting them
• Modeling a positive role model while getting a good workout
• Developing a sense of pride and accomplishment
Child registration fee will be waived (if applicable), allowing your child a reserved spot on the rosters during sign-ups.
Background check must be initiated and processed prior to fee waiver and/or reserved spot on the rosters.
• Get Sports Specific training and certified through NAYS (National Alliance for Youth Sports)
• CPR/First Aid Trained and Certified through American Red Cross
• Letters of Appreciation and Volunteer Service hours are awarded for your efforts and time you dedicated at the end of each camp, session and season.