Fleet and Family Readiness offer innovative, exciting, and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms; competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training.
- Competitive Pay & Paid federal holidays.
- CYP Recruitment & Retention Incentives worth over $2,600.
- 50% Employee Discount on Childcare for Child & Youth Program Employees.
- Tax Free Shopping at the Navy Exchange.
- Access to discounted items at all Navy Exchanges, such as food, gas, haircuts, and car care (except at commissaries).
- Free Gym/Fitness Center Membership.
- Access to On Base Entertainment and Events such as Recreation Centers (reduced rates for movies, bowling, party/picnic, and gear rental).
- Discounted tickets for area tours, attractions, museums, amusement parks, movie theaters, and many more!
- Discounted Travel through American Forces Travel (discounted leisure travel, entertainment, concert & attraction tickets).
- Access to Military Lodging Facilities World-Wide.
- Free Trainings, Certifications and Professional Development Opportunities, & Advancement Opportunities.
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (complimentary access to health, financial, social, & legal services).
- Medical and Dental
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability *Only full-time staff are eligible for this benefit.
- Life insurance
- Retirement pension plan
- Up to 3% company match 401K
All of our positions can be found at USA Jobs.
The following are commonly required forms:
- PCS Orders
- Family Entry Approval / Dependent Entry Approval or Command Sponsorship Approval
- Letter of Employment for civilians
- Transportation Agreement, if applicable for civilians
Submitted applications and resumes will be retained for 90 days. We reserve the right to close positions without further announcement. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required. Applicants are required to successfully complete background check and screening. Applicants who do not meet the position requirements may not be interviewed.
Department of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the NAF Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Have married the military sponsor prior to the date of the military sponsor’s orders authorizing a permanent change of station.
- Meet all pre-employment criteria and be immediately appointable under the applicable recruitment procedures.
- Meet basic qualifications for the position.
IAW DODI 1400.25, Volume 1412, and consistent with volume 1403 of this instruction:
1) Family members of active duty military members and civilian employees stationed in foreign areas shall be given employment preference for NAF competitive job vacancies, unless prevented by treaties or other country-to-country agreements that give preference to locally hired non-U.S. citizens or restrict employment of certain individuals.
2) Unmarried dependent children who meet the definition of family member may continue to be eligible for family member preference until their sponsor departs the foreign duty station or the commuting area or completes the current period of service requirement, whichever occurs first. A family member must physically reside with his or her sponsor to receive family member preference.
3) This preference does not apply to the family members of locally hired Federal civilian employees nor to family members of foreign nationals.
4) Preference applies to all DoD NAF positions, with the exception of NF-6 (Senior Executive) positions.
5) The family member preference is separate from other NAF employment preferences such as spouse preference.
Visit the Navy MWR EEO Resources website for a list of documents pertaining to EEO.