Ikego Child Development Center
Child Youth Programs
Navy childcare programs are critical for our Service members who need to go to work every day, serving both at home and abroad. During the current COVID-19 crisis we are adapting our Child and Youth Program (CYP) operations to meet both the Navy’s mission and family requirements, while ensuring the children in our care and our professionals are healthy and safe.
Effective March 17 the following “social distancing” changes are being implemented:
• All Programs/Services that are NOT full-time childcare (ages 0-12) cancelled/postponed until further notice/continual monitoring
• All Hourly Childcare cancelled (unless emergency/ mission essential)
• All Youth Sports, Youth/Teen Programs, Field Trips away from Navy Childcare facilities cancelled
• No New childcare enrollees into Navy operated programs (unless emergency/mission essential)
• Parents are required to self-care for own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived/space saved
• Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporary withdrawal their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020
• Installations may request waivers to reduce program operating hours
• Supplemental staffing required from other N9 programs for increased cleaning/sanitation
• Background check requirements waived but supplemental staff always in line of sight supervision of “blue smock” CYP employee and not in ratio
• School Liaison Officers Assigned to CDC/SAC to supplement
• All training requirements postponed
• All Teacher in-Service Days cancelled
• Increased handwashing and sanitation practices (e.g. cleaning door handles, hard surfaces, etc.)
• Minimize visitors (e.g. postpone all non-critical facility maintenance, etc.)
• Staff shall complete all sign in/out protocols
• Discontinue Family Style Dining (staff will plate food for children)
• Discontinue Tooth Brushing and Use of Sensory Tables
The CFAY Child Development Home (CDH) Program is currently recruiting for Infant/Pretoddler Providers on main base! In order to be considered an Infant/Pre-toddler CDH, all children in care must be under the age of two. The maximum group size is three children. For more information on the Child Development Home Program or to apply to become a CDH Provider, please call 243-4079 or email email@example.com
*Currently providing limited care to Mission Critical/Essential Families due to COVID-19. Hourly care is currently not available until further notice.
As a reminder, per OPNAVINST 1700.9E, any individual caring for other families' children for a total of ten or more hours per week on a regular basis, paid or unpaid, must be a certified CDH provider. One child for one hour equals one child care hour. Providing child care in government quarters is a privilege extended only to Navy CDH Certified Providers. Repeat unauthorized care may result in loss of housing privileges.