Fitness & Sports
Adult Sports events are open to all Active Duty personnel, DOD civilians and dependents at least eighteen years of age, out of high school and with valid ID.
Private lessons are available for those desiring one-on-one instruction. All lessons are...
Deployed Forces Support Program
MWR’s Deployed Forces Support Program enhances the quality of life for more than 180,000 Sailors and Marines at sea and forward-deployed Navy ground forces.
The Fitness & Wellness office is located on the 3rd floor of the James D. Kelly Fleet Recreation Center. For more details or information on any of our programs, events, personal training or group exercise, please call 241-4486 or 241-3077.
Check out the Group X classes.
Closed until further notice.
We have multiple models of treadmills, cross-trainers, bikes, and a stepmill. We also have a full line of FreeMotion Strength Equipment, 5-100lb dumbbells, dual pulley machine, and other small strength equipment.
Martial Arts Classes
A variety of martial arts classes are offered at the Purdy Fitness Center, Fleet Gym and the Hawks Nest Training Center. Stop by the Purdy Fitness Center or Fleet Gym for a detailed class schedule.
MWR's massage services are offered for enhancing beauty, comfort, relaxation and therapy. Appointments are required and can be made by stopping by the front desk in the Purdy Fitness Center. Note: Massage services cannot be conducted if: You are pregnant (excludes Pregnancy Massage), in menstruation, and/or have consumed food within 30 minutes of your appointment.
Purdy Fitness Center
• Open to SOFA and Active Duty Personnel
• 100% ID check
• 100 capacity limit
• No children ages 9 and under allowed
(children ages 10 - 14 must be accompanied by parent or guardian & possess fitness orientation license)
• No towel service - Please bring your own towel/s
• Showers available
• Saunas closed
• Only daily lockers available
• Monthly lockers closed
• MASKS ARE MANDATORY! Masks are to be carried, and worn when not actively exercising.
• Use hand sanitizer upon arrival at gym.
• AVOID touching face, mouth, nose while working out.
• All patrons MUST maintain 6ft. physical distance at all times.
• Observe noted capacity restraints for workout areas.
• Individual workouts only. No buddy workouts or shared equipment.
• Equipment is required to be wiped down BEFORE and AFTER use.
• Limit exercise where contact is made with the floor.
• Bring your own water bottles, towels and exercise mats.
• Schedule permitting, please schedule your workouts during non-peak hours to assist with physical distancing (8 - 10:30 a.m. / 1 - 2:30 p.m.)
• Shower at home when possible.
• STAY HOME if you do not feel well.