Yokosuka Friendship Day
Sunday, October 16 • 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Yokosuka City Fireworks @ 5:45 p.m.
CFAY will host its 44th Yokosuka Friendship Day. The first open base event since 2019 - featuring live entertainment, a car show, great food & drinks, a vendor market, ships visits, children's activities, and much, much more!
Main Stage Schedule
• 10 - 11 a.m.: Penny Pagan (Classic Rock & Top-40)
• 11:30 a.m.: 12:30 p.m.: Dickey Kotano & the South West Band (Classic Rock)
• 12:30 - 1 p.m.: Yokosuka City Dancers
• 1 - 2 p.m.: Nuthin Fancy Band (Classic Rock)
• 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.: 7th Fleet Band
• 4 - 5:30 p.m.: Liberation Band (Journey Tribute Band)
• 5:40 p.m.: Yokosuka City Fireworks Announcement
• 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Ships Visit (Please see the ship visit precautions below)
• 10 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.: Fire Truck Display, Car Show, Live Entertainment, Street Performers
• 10 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.: Carnival, Face Painting, Bowling, Vendor Market and Food & Beverage Sales
• 5:30 p.m.: Inbound Traffic Secured
• 5:45 - 6:10 p.m.: Yokosuka City Fireworks
*This page is edited regularly so please revisit daily to see the latest updates.
**In the case of inclement weather, this event may be moved, reduced in venues or canceled.
For more information, send us an email or call MWR Special Events at 241-5215 | 046-896-5215.
- Registration is not required for those attending the festival
- Admission to Yokosuka Friendship Day is Free (Carnival Rides require ticket purchases, and there will also be food and craft vendors as well with items available for purchase).
- Open to:
- All DoD and host nation ID cardholders of all ages, as well as the general public. All personnel will still be required to show proper identification to access the base and festival. For those who are not DoD ID cardholders please click here [Japanese / English] for a listing of acceptable IDs that can be utilized for access to the event on Yokosuka Friendship Day.
- This is an open base event. No sponsorship is required to access the festival area. All general public guests can access the festival area by utilizing the pedestrian entrance at Mikasa Park. All ID cardholders with regular access to the base may enter and exit via the regular gates. All guests not entering through Mikasa Park gate or accessing areas outside of the festival zones, will require a sponsor and an authorized guest pass from the Pass & ID Office. For questions about guest passes and base access for Yokosuka Friendship Day, please contact Main Base Pass & ID office.
- Only DoD ID cardholders will be authorized to drive and park on base. These road and parking lot closures will be in effect for event day. DoD ID cardholders will be able to park in any other designated parking areas on base. All guests will not be authorized to drive and park on base. All guests will need to park outside the gates, in concurrence with the regulations set forth by the City of Yokosuka, and access the base and festival via pedestrian entrance at Mikasa Park.
- COVID-19 Restrictions:
- Masks are encouraged when social distancing is not possible.
- While we love animals, pets are not allowed for this event, except for designated service animals. Please leave your furry friends at home!
- Alcohol will be available for purchase at designated tents during the event. Outside alcohol is prohibited.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas. There are 5 designated smoking areas throughout the festival area that can be located on the event map.
- I. No items may be left unattended at any time.
- II. Personnel who do not wish to have their baggage checked will be turned away. This includes persons carrying large bags, backpacks, etc.
- III. No sealed bags or articles unable to be opened will be allowed onto the installation. IV. Should any guests be found to have in their possession knives, razors, or other small, yet inherently dangerous instruments, they will be turned over to Japanese police for adjudication.
- V. Glass bottles are not authorized. Any containers which are not sealed will be discarded with the exception of baby formula which will be inspected to ensure the contents are not harmful.
- VI. Spray paint is not authorized.
- VII. All other contraband will be brought to the attention of Japanese Police.
- VIII. Distribution of commercial flyers or display of banners will require immediate notification to the authorities. The flyers and/or banners will be confiscated and the offender will be identified and released to Japanese Police for removal.
- IX. No form of electronic/radiological monitoring equipment.
- X. Bicycles, roller blades, and skateboards are prohibited for all festival attendees – guests and DoD ID cardholders.
- Dress Code:
- There is no dress code for the general festival. However, there are dress code requirements for the ship visits. Please see the ship visit regulations for more information.
- Restrooms will be available throughout the festival areas. Please refer to the map for available restroom locations. A nursing room can be found in the Ladies Restroom at Benny Decker Theater.
- For general questions or additional event information, patrons are directed to call MWR Entertainment Office at DSN 243-5215 or COMM 046-816-5215.