December 1 • 3 p.m. • Yokosuka Red Brick Area
Tis’ the season to be merry! Get your Christmas gifts and enjoy a festive evening. Start the holiday season watching the tree lighting ceremony at Ikego & Yokosuka. Enjoy live music, refreshments and an open air holiday marketplace, featuring private home businesses from our community. This is an USAA sponsored event.
• 3 p.m.: Market is Open and the entertainment begins
• 5:30 p.m.: Special guest arrives & Tree Lighting Ceremony
• 6 p.m.: Picture Station opens & Live music begins
• 7 p.m.: Event concludes
• Price: Admission to event is free. Market purchases are not associated with MWR.
• Smoking: No Smoking permitted at this event. Please smoke outside event area.
• Restrooms: Restrooms will be available at local stores.
• Emergency Line: 911
• Security (Emergency): 243-5000 or 046-816-5000
• Lost Parent/Child: Visit the blue Information Tent where security and MWR staff will be notified for retrieval.
For more information, send us an email or call MWR Special Events at 241-5060 | 046-896-5060.
- Who is allowed to attend the holiday market?
- All DoD and host nation ID cardholders of all ages. All personnel will still be required to show proper identification to access the base. Base access rules apply.
- Is there an age limit?
- Fun for all ages. Parent supervision of children is required.
- How do I purchase goods? Cash only?
- Vendors are responsible for their one payment. Please check with vendor if they accept card/cash/currency.
- Will there be food available?
- Yes. MWR food and beverage booths are cash only, USD only. Food trucks* will also be available. *Please note these are local food trucks that may only accept in yen currency.
- Can I attended both location events?
- Yes. As long as you have base access, there is no restriction on attendance.
- • Will neighboring facilities be closed?
- There may be restricted hours due to this event. Please check with the facility for more details.
- • Will Santa be available for pictures?
- Yes. First come, first serve.
- • Will parking be available?
- Parking will be available in the surrounding areas.
- • Are pets allowed?
- While we love animals, pets are not allowed at this event, except for designated service animals.
- • Will there be a shuttle bus available?
- No shuttle service will be provided for this event.
- • Is there dress code for this event?
- No. However, this is an outdoor event, please dress according to weather conditions.
- • Will restrooms be available?
- Restrooms will be available throughout the area at surrounding facilities.
- • Contraband:
- I. No items may be left unattended at any time.
- II. Personnel who do not wish to have their baggage checked will be turned away. This includes persons carrying large bags, backpacks, etc.
- III. No sealed bags or articles unable to be opened will be allowed onto the installation.
- IV. Should any guests be found to have in their possession knives, razors, or other small, yet inherently dangerous instruments, they will be turned over to Japanese police for adjudication.
- V. Glass bottles are not authorized. Any containers which are not sealed will be discarded with the exception of baby formula which will be inspected to ensure the contents are not harmful.
- VI. Spray paint is not authorized.
- VII. All other contraband will be brought to the attention of Police.
- VIII. Distribution of commercial flyers or display of banners will require immediate notification to the SECO/ASECO/CPOIC. The flyers and/or banners will be confiscated and the offender will be identified and released to Police for removal.
- IX. No form of electronic/radiological monitoring equipment.
- X. Bicycles, roller blades, and skateboards are prohibited for all event attendees – guests and DoD ID cardholders.