Free Parent Education WebinarsThe Navy Child & Youth Program, Child & Youth Education Services announces a series of Parent Education Webinars for Navy personnel and DoD personnel assigned to Navy Installations.
These interactive webinars offer research based information and ideas for participants.
Mark your calendars and register for the webinar that fits your needs. Once you’ve registered, you will be able to view the live webinar or watch a recorded presentation at your convenience.
Please note: Our intent in preparing and delivering these webinars is to provide information to Military-connected Parents to better enable them to serve as their child’s best advocate on educational and social/emotional issues. We strive to include information of interest and applicable to professionals who work with military-connected children, but please remember that the content is developed with the parent in mind.
To register for remote viewing or to watch a recorded presentation, follow this link.
Note: All live sessions begin at 2 a.m. JST (Noon EST) on the dates listed.
• December 13: Reintegration after Deployment
• December 20: Healthy Media Limits
• January 10: Creating Strong Families
• January 17: Effective Listening & Discipline
• January 24: The FAFSA & CSS
• January 31: Using Grants & Scholarships
• February 7: Middle/High School Chart Your Course
• February 13: Education Options for Your OCONUS Student
• February 14: Education Options for Your High School Student
• February 20: The Importance of Sleep for Teenagers
• February 21: Test Taking Strategies for MS/HS Students
• February 28: Test Taking Strategies for Elementary School Students
• March 7: Using Sign Language with Young Children
• March 14: Early Learning Strategies
• March 21: Preparing for the Journey - Infant & Toddler
• March 27: Kindergarten Readiness